I might be in the minority here but I find girls are just so easy to shop for (while men are like the Bermuda Triangle — mysterious and puzzling). I’m writing this listicle to pass on some of my hard-won gift-buying knowledge!
10 Best Gifts for Teen Girls
Elephant Baby Throw Pillow Case
If you’re looking for a cute gift under ten dollars that won’t be immediately discarded, this throw pillow is a great choice. It has an adorable design and would look great in any girl’s bedroom.
- Looks exactly like the picture from the color to the print
- Really really cute
- Made of cotton so feels good and breathable
- Zipper is invisible
- This is just a cover; the pillow is not included
Stainless Steel Heart Charm Bracelet
Heart designs are a safe gift for most females. Whether you admit to it or not, we’re a romantic lot and hearts evoke that feeling, whether familial or romantic. Amazon sells a bewildering array of jewelry but this is one of my go-tos because of the quality and classy design.
- Comes in different sizes
- Stainless steel so it doesn’t tarnish; I just use mild soap and water and it looks shiny again
- The links make it adjustable in case you are giving it out as a gift and you don’t know your giftee’s wrist size
- Great for starting a charm collection!
- Very durable and great value
- There may be a slight discrepancy with the sizing
Pendant Necklace Ballerina
Does your giftee like to dance? I gave this same EXACT pendant necklace to a niece who dances ballet professionaly. (Yes, proud aunt here!)
If your giftee likes feminine, nostalgic, and dainty things, this pendant should be a great choice.
- Looks more expensive than the price tag
- Very beautiful
- Good quality
- Can be appreciated by all ages including younger girls
- None that I could see
Braids, Buns, and Twists!
Girls love hair fashion and this particular book is just so pretty. I wanted to fix my hair up too!
- Step by step tutorials are easy to follow
- A dizzying total of 83 hairstyles to choose from
- Styles range from buns, ponytails, brains, and up-dos
- Your giftee will need some hair ties and whatnot but these are very cheap in beauty stores (actually, you can add those in for a really spectacular gift set)
MALEDEN Travel Journal
In this digital age, your teen giftee probably gets everything done on her phone or laptop. And yet, there’s something about a journal or a diary that gets to little girls and teens. (I have my own collection of notebooks and pens!)
- It is beautiful beautiful beautiful…. You can give this gift out and not be embarrassed
- A lot of return buyers for this one because it’s usually a big hit with giftees
- Great quality and design
- You’d probably need to buy one for yourself too
Forever 21 Gift Card
Forever 21 shopping? Nuff said! Your teenage girl will love you for sure.
- Lets your giftee choose her own clothes and have fun shopping
- Lots of cool items at Forever21 (one of my go-to stores)
- Fast shipping; very convenient
- You’ll have to make sure she likes the brand
Glass Bead Charm Bracelet
I love this bracelet. It has a beach theme so the colors are cerulean blue with charms that remind you of the sea. There is a starfish, a shell, a turtle, and so on. The glass beads make it a beautiful bracelet too.
- Great make and quality
- Not too light and not too heavy
- Beautiful colors and pretty glass beads
- Great for wearing anytime and anywhere; will remind you of happy times at the beach
- You can’t add charms
- Pay attention to the 7.5″ length as it may be too short or too long for you; not adjustable
Fujifilm Instax Film Camera
Instant cameras and polaroids will never go out of style despite the digital age. There’s just something so satisfying about instant photos coming out of a retro camera. Nostalgia!
- This is one of the best, if not the best model for instant cameras
- Made of plastic but the quality is excellent
- Looks very stylish and retro
- Turns out great-quality photos
- Some users have encountered an “e” error. If this happens and you are within warranty, contact support for a replacement
Kindle Paperwhite E-reader
Okay, I swear by e-readers and in particular, Kindles. In fact, my baby at the moment is the Oasis. As a gift though, the paperwhite is the best value you can buy.
If your teen is a reader (and I hope she is!) and doesn’t have an e-reader yet, consider this gift. It really puts less strain on the eyes compared to regular mobile phones.
- Great price and great quality (the newer model is way too expensive)
- It really feels like reading from paper
- More distraction-free compared to if your teen reads from her phone (less strain too)
- I let mine fall to the floor in a bad way and damaged it; I cried buckets as I felt my favorite companion had died. Amazon offered me a big discount on my next purchase even though it was my fault it died. Still it’s not like books that you can throw it across the room when the heroine chooses the dull vampire over the sexy werewolf.
Anker PowerCore 20100
We’ve already said it before. Power banks are a gifter’s best friend. If you’re not sure what to get somebody, power banks are the answer as everybody owns multiple digital devices nowadays that need frequent recharging.
- Anker is my favorite brand for power banks (We have all kinds from this one to the lipstick sized one)
- Great quality
- One guy who tested was able to do 5 full charges on his Samsung Galaxy phone
- High speed charging
- Anker has a very responsive customer service
- None that I’ve experienced yet