Are you stumped looking for the best presents for young girls? We know how it feels so we put together this list for you. And although our shortlist of gifts for young girls is primarily for 6 to 8 year olds, a lot of the toys below can be for younger or older kids. (Take the age recommendations as a guide, not as a law!)
Now, as parents know, children develop in different ways and like different things. At this age, some girls would be into pretend play. They’re in a unique world where they are able to exist in both reality and make-believe at the same time.
Other kids who have been exposed to more arts or music might be into crafts and creative play. Most will like showing off what they can do while others will be shy and timid.
All girls at this stage, though, will see an increase in language skills and attention spans. Math lovers and readers will emerge. Their scientific curiosity is also on the upswing – especially if nurtured.
All in all, there are so many possibilities for presents for young girls at this age. Let’s look at our Top 10 picks, shall we?
Great Gifts for Young Girls
Guaranteed hours and hours of pretend play and outdoor fun.
Hatchimals – CollEGGtible
If you hear that your giftee collects Hatchimals, it’s a safe bet to get her more. CellEGGtibles are egg collectibles. The charm is in rubbing the heart to get it to change from purple to pink so that it will hatch.
I once got a little girl a hatchimal and it turned out to be a rare one so suffice it to say, I was catapulted to “favorite aunt” status. (I have extreme luck when it comes to scoring rare ones.)
This is the #1 Bestseller in Dolls and Accessories.
Ages 5 and up
- Surprise element is fun
- Perfect for Hatchimal-obsessed girls
- Fun to collect
- No additional play value after hatching
Ultimate Sticker Book: Frozen
If your giftee has not yet moved on from Frozen, this is a fun and affordable gift to get. The quality of the stickers is good and fans of the movie will delight in the different characters.
If your little girl likes another movie though, look for a good sticker book of that movie instead. (Younger generations like Moana and Trolls, and who knows what will be coming out next.)
Ages 5 to 10 years old
- Good sticking power to the sticker book pages but not too hard to get off when the kids decide to stick them onto furniture (or themselves)
- Great color on these stickers
- The little snippets in the book are fun to read for the girls too
- More often a hit with kids, but sometimes a miss
- You might expect more stickers what with the “ultimate” description
Fashion Headbands Kit
Girls love this headband set! It lets them create and be little fashion divas at the same time. When they were little, my girls would make jewelry for anybody and everybody they could think of and give their “creations” away.
Ages 5 years old and up
- Great variety in the designs you can do
- The girls will love coming up with their new designs and showing off what they accomplished
- Good for a birthday party activity
- The tube of craft glue doesn’t work so well; a hot glue gun would work better but parent would have to do the gluing
Hasbro Connect 4 Game
Our kids had this game and it’s so much fun. Kids can play it together and with adults too. If you have more than one kid in the house, this is a fun and inexpensive game to get.
This is the #1 Bestseller in Board Games.
Ages 6 years and up
- Fun and challenging
- Ideal for parties and families with more than one child
- Promotes critical thinking and problem-solving
- Easy to lose some of the discs so be careful!
The Wonderful Things You Will Be
We are book lovers at our house and the children are always sure to get at least one book per birthday or Christmas. And although they get banged up a lot, the fact that they’re well-read and used makes us very happy.
This particular book has a sentimental value because it is one of the first books we received as a gift.
One other important thing to mention is that this is a great book to give if you are into gender-sensitive gifts. In this book, a boy is on the sewing machine, and a girl up a tree. There are none of the usual gender assignations.
Ages 3 to 7 years old
- Beautifully written and illustrated; simple and sweet story
- Children love to read the poetry aloud; very singsong, pleasing and musical to the ear
- This book is very gender neutral; no stereotypes for what children want to do
Bubblegum Necklace and Bracelet Set
Young kids love to try on their mom’s makeup, shoes, and accessories. They love to dress up at this young age so gifting them with their own fashion accessories makes them very excited.
This particular set is really cute and irresistible.
Ages 3 to 10 years old
- Really cute set; a hit with the girls
- Sweet; not tacky
- Good value for the price; good quality
- Goes well with any outfit
- Bigger than expected
- On the heavy side
Shopkins So Cool Fridge
Shopkins… shopkins… My nieces and godkids are so crazy for shopkins. It actually made it easy for me as I could just get them Shopkins pajamas and whatnot. But I made sure to buy them the latest sets.
Amazon must like me because I always end up with a rare shopkin that the girls so crazy for. If your giftee is already collecting shopkins, this is an easy gift to get.
- Easy buy for kids who are already collecting shopkins
- There are rare collectibles so that makes it exciting
- Makes for hours of engaged pretend play
- Given how small they are, they are choking hazards so make sure not to give to toddlers
Rainbow Retreat Canopy For Kids
Kids love tents but while those can get unwieldy and hot, a canopy is just right. It will absolutely transform your child’s room and make it brighter and more magical. And if you add some fairy lights, boom! Instant fairy tale room.
- Netted fabric so not hot like tent material
- Colors are bright and perfect for kids
- Easy to install
- Big hit with kids; can be used as a bedroom canopy or a reading nook
- None that I could find
Step2 Fantasy Vanity
Is your giftee a girly girl? (I’ve started believing in nature over nurture since one of my girls turned out to be very feminine despite me being very tomboyish. It used to puzzle me to no end.) If yes, then make her deliriously happy with this vanity.
Ages 3 to 10 years old
- High quality toy slash furniture
- Mirror is shatterproof
- Big hit with the kids
- Drawers and stool additions are great
- Mixed feedback on assembly; some found it easy and a few found it a nightmare; to be safe, do not assemble right before Christmas morning
Step2 Seaway Water Table
A water table is a great toy to play with during the happy summer days. Kids can enjoy the outdoors and play with water. Any real and physical activity that gets them off their digital gadgets is always good.
This is the best water table we found after a lot of searching.
This is the #1 Bestseller in Outdoor Water Play Sprinklers.
Ages 18 months to 8 years old
- Great hit with the kids
- Great outdoor toy; umbrella is perfect for a sunny day
- Easy to assemble
- Great quality!
- Table is lower than expected
Did you find anything for your little tyke? We hope that whichever present you chose to get, your little girl will love it and make special memories with it.